Friday, September 19, 2008

Court hearing today

We go before the judge in just a bit with our girls for the final approval. Then, assuming nobody comes forward to cause any problems for us, we have a ten day waiting period before we can get their passports and visas and COME HOME!

We are getting to know the girls better even without perfect communication. We muddle through some Russian, Ukrainian, Italian, English, and the ever present reverting to hand signals! It's wonderful when we have a translator. Last week Jessica gave me a rose she had bought. When I smelled it, I realized she had sprayed perfume on it. How cute is that?

5 comments:

ann said...

Cindy-What a scare. Sveta sounds like she has a lot of spunk. I am so excited for you to almost be done. Thanks for the updates on your blog. Ann

Unknown said...

Cindy & Loren,
Herb and I are so happy for you. Have enjoyed reading your blogs. Also forwarding this to Tony. (He teaches in AZ.)

May the Lord continue to bless you and your growing family.

Diann & Herb

Marisha said...

We are so excited for you! I wish you still lived here. We would love to meet them. You are in our prayers.

Jake and Marisha

Anonymous said...

Glad it all worked out, it sounded very tense and it's great that Sveta feels so strongly about being with you.

-David & Eldie Howick

Scottie said...

Hi from TX! What an experience the past few days has been. Hurricane Ike really took it's toll out on Houston. After 8 days of no power, I've escaped to San Antonio for a mini vacation. Now I can finally check back up on this blog. I can't describe how exciting it is to think that we're suddenly getting three new family members. Thanks for starting this blog to keep us aware of everything. Enjoy the rest of the time you have there! Happy belated B-day Loren, & Happy Anniversary to you both!